The bad news is: the spring thaw means that all the trees that died this winter are starting to fall over, so the woods are quite literally a hard-hat zone because the trees are trying to kill you.
The good news is that all the lichen and fungi that feed on dead trees and plant material are going to have a mighty feast.
A few shots of some of the incredible mushrooms I saw on my hike today. Blessed decomposers. Gratitude for the work you do.
Its so upsetting that most of the people re-blogging this will still continue funding animal cruelty even though they’re so “against” it.
- The meat industry is animal cruelty.
- The fish industry is animal cruelty.
- The dairy industry is animal cruelty.
- The egg industry is animal cruelty.
- The wool industry is animal cruelty.
- The fur industry is animal cruelty.
- The leather industry is animal cruelty.
- Companies testing their products on animals is animal cruelty. (Including ones with parent companies who do.)
(Yet i can guarantee a huge majority of you still purchase products by L’Oreal, Maybelline, Neutrogena, Avon, Garnier, Clearasil, Revlon, Johnson’s, Listerine, Colgate, Schwarzkopf, CoverGirl, Veet, Urban Decay, Aveeno, Unilever, Max Factor, Herbal Essences, Dove, etc.)
According to the USDA, 98% of all animals that are abused on this planet, are abused by the meat, dairy and egg industries. Objecting to the 2% and ignoring the 98% is illogical and hypocritical.
Wandering a forest today
Portland to B.C. - 35mm Outtakes
Location: Staircase Campground - Lake Cushman
Date: March 22nd, 2014